What is personal information?
When used in this Policy, “personal information” has the meaning given in the Privacy Act. Generally, it means any information or an opinion that could be used to identify you.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information if you:
- deal with us directly over the phone;
- have contact with us in person;
- interact with us online, including through our websites, mobile applications and social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn – these social media channels will also handle your personal information for their own purposes and have their own privacy policies);
This collection may be required to allow you to:
- receive information from us;
- order goods and services from our online shop;
- receive information about our promotions;
Collecting personal information through our website
been visited and to measure overall, aggregate transaction patterns. We use this to research our website visitor’s habits and what they are looking for and accessing, so that we can
continually improve our goods and services. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
How does PDR Energy Group use your personal information?
The personal information you provide to us may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information, resources, goods and services you have requested;
- to involve you in promotions undertaken by PDR Energy Group;
- for the marketing and research purposes PDR Energy Group, its contractors or service providers;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- for research, advice and information, including for benchmarking purposes;
- in the case of marketing automation, to improve the emails that are sent to you and to improve the services that are offered to you;
- if you lodge a complaint with us, to process and respond to your complaint.
Other than for the purposes described above, we will not use your personal information without your prior consent.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information once we no longer need it.
Disclosure of personal information